MS, FICS, FACS, FRCS.
He took fellowship at Weill Medical College Presbyterian Hospital and Sloan-Kettering Memorial Hospital New York USA in Bariatric (obesity)and colorectal surgery. He has visited university civil Hospital and IRCAD-EITS, Strasbourg, France and underwent training there in Natural Orifice Transluminal Endosurgery. He started his practice in 1992. He is now a general, laproscopic and bariatric surgeon.
He has performed many surgeries that are unique and first of their kind in Andhra Pradesh; he is the first person to introduce key hole surgery and single port (scarless surgery) and laparoscopic colorectal surgery-and Bariatric surgery – to coastal Andhra Pradesh and Rayalaseema.
He has organized many health camps in remote places of Andhra Pradesh and Orissa and worked in rural India for many years, treating many poor patients in that period.
He has presented papers in various National and International Conferences and has delivered guest lecturers at national conferences. He has chaired sessions in National and International Conferences. He has published papers in National and International Journals. He has organized a workshop in Laparscopic surgery (MAS-2004, Taj Residency Vizag).He also organized Mid Term Conference of Indian Association of Surgical Gastroenterology(IASG) on March 27, 2011 at Gateway Taj Hotel Visakhapatnam. He worked as a faculty in Adayar Cancer Institute at Chennai and as a visiting doctor to Tata Memorial Hospital. He is the organising chairman ASICON2014 Hyderabad ,
He is the organising chairman midterm IHPBA conference Gateway hotel Visakhapatnam October26th -27th 2016.
He was awarded FRCS (Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow) 2016 in England.
- He was awarded the Rangachari Gold Medal in Surgery from Andhra University.
- He was awarded the “Rashtriya Rattan Award” for Excellence in medical profession by the Honorable Governor Bhishma Narain Singh in the year 2005.
- He was awarded Professor (Dr) Madhab Chandra Dandapat Oration award and Gold medal 2010 from Orissa state chapter of ASI and Berhampur Surgeons Association.
- He was awarded ” BHARATH JYOYHI AWARD” for his meritorius services,outstanding performance and remarkable role in medicine and society by the former governor Bhishma Narain Singh and former Chief election Commissioner GVG Krishnamurthi in the year 2011.
- He was awarded ” SRI RAJIV GANDHI-EXCELLENCE AWARD” FOR HIS MERITORIOUS SERVICES TO THE NATION AND EXCELLENCE IN MEDICAL FIELD BY HONORABLE GOVERNOR PONDICHERRY Lt IQBAL SINGH IN THE YEAR 2011.
- Best Citizens of India 2011.
- Sri N Yuvaraj IAS, District Magistrate and Collector(Visakhapatnam) awarded the certificate of merit on 26th Feb 2015 the Republic Day on the behalf of Chief Minister(Andhra Pradesh) for the meritorious services rendered by Association of Surgeons of India(As Governing council Member ASI)in the HUDHUD Cyclone 2014.
DEGREES AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Member Governing Council – ASI 2013. to 2018 and Hon.Joint Secretary of asssociation of surgeons of India 2016.
- M.B.B.S (M.D.) Andhra Medical College 1983, Andhra Pradesh.
- M.S. (General Surgery), Guntur Medical College, Nagarjuna University.
- Visiting Fellow, Tata Memorial Centre, Bombay 1989
- Faculty of Adyar Cancer Institute, Madras, 1988 to 1990
- Fellow, Gastroenterology at the International College of Surgeons, Chicago, 1995
- Civil Assistant Surgeon, Government of Andhra Pradesh, 1990 to 1991
- Assistant Professor of Surgery at Andhra Medical College, 1992 to 2004
- Associate Professor of Surgery at Andhra Medical College, 2004 to July 2008
- Professor of Surgery at Andhra Medical College, August 2008 onwards
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) Glasgow 2016
- Member, Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)USA
- Member, Association of Surgeons of India
- Member, Association of Gastrointestinal Surgeons of India
- Member, Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons of India
- Member association of Endocrine surgeons of India
- Member, Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- Member, Indian Medical Association
- Member, International Gastro Club
- Member, Hernia Society of India
- Member, Pioneer Circle Minimally Invasive Procedure for Hemorrhoids and pro laps
- Member European Association of Tele surgery Strasbourg France
- Member, Association Of Obesity surgery society Of India OSSI
- Member, International Federation For The Surgery Of Obesity And Metabolic Disorders IFSO